Sunday, April 19, 2009

Canon Ixus 110 IS

Hi,
Should have posted this long long ago
But anyway, my sister got her cam few weeks ago and yeah you should have guessed, I chosed it. Its a fantastic camera, great ergonomics, great optical quality and colour and great specs but the price is slightly higher at S$549.

Take a look at this picture shot by this cam:
Canon Ixus 110 IS at 1/1 sec, ISO 80 , f/3.2, 7mm on compact zoom,
Nice rite? The colour is nice. I set the camera at slow syncro.
Although theres a little vibration visible cause my hands not so steady and its at 1sec!! I shot this at night btw at quite dim light.
Sometimes I really prefer compacts for its size and having something light will really let you compose better. But for sheer quality landscape shots, go on guy get that DSLR!! The optical quality between a compact and a DSLR is really, really visible.
Anyway, this compact is better as compared to sony (crap I shouldn't defame! Sorry to sony users).
Whats good:
4x optical zoom and 16x digital zoom
wide angle 28mm
Good ergonomics, you can do all the settings with one hand and leave your other hand free yays!!
Good screen colour
Fast intelligent auto
Image stabiliser
12.2 megapixel (though not important)
HD movie recording
Super fast start up!
Whats bad:
The screen is too small
Bad grip!! lumix and the powershot e1 beats it!! I almost dropped it...
Harsh flash...Just like in any other compacts thats why i paste a small translucent tape
High price
Conclusion:
If you don't mind the price and want something compact and nice. Get it. Wait for my next compact review. Its probably a Lumix T-series or canon ixus .
Tyy

No comments:

Post a Comment