Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just a side note

Hi,
Adding on to my previous post, photography is not all about the camera. It is the art, it is the composing. Technology is only an item that helps you to achieve what you want easier. In photography, you can have the best camera, the best speedlight, the best lens and so on. But if you do not know how to compose a picture, the pictures you take will suck. It is the composing that matters and also the technique and skill. But most importantly, it is the composing. So work on your artistic composing instead of cameras. Actually any kind of camera will do, point-and-shoot, disposable camera or DSLRs.

Do not keep changing cameras because of the technology. My dad used the D50 for like 6-7 years before changing to his S5 pro. Now I handle the D50. But do you see any defects or suck photos I posted? If there is, it is probably me, not the camera. So just get a camera you feel comfortable with and work on your composing. Do not change untill you think you are ready for it.

My post yesterday is actually an introductory post.

So, Bye
Tyy

No comments:

Post a Comment